Loch Lomond, The Trossachs & Stirling Castle from Edinburgh
Departing Edinburgh, we travel westwards for our first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond; one of the prettiest and largest lochs in the whole of Scotland. Here you can enjoy an hour long cruise* taking in spectacular views of the loch's many islands and surrounding mountains. Alternatively, take a stroll through the picturesque loch side village of Luss; with its quaint houses, cafes and stunning views across Loch Lomond's western shoreline.
We continue through the Trossachs National Park, also known as 'the Highlands in Miniature' for it's abundance of lochs, mountains and forests. It's also famous for the legendary outlaw, Rob Roy MacGregor. We will spend time exploring the area before stopping for lunch in a small village immersed in its beautiful surroundings.
After lunch, we make our way through the town of Callander, past the medieval Doune Castle before we make our final stop of the day at Stirling Castle*. The site is one of Scotland's most historically significant fortresses, sitting high on volcanic rock and offering wonderful views of the surrounding landscape. You will have time to visit the castle and learn of the exploits of key historical figures including William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots. With lots of interesting things to see and do here, the Stirling Castle experience is a must for any visitor to Scotland.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 5 years|
What is included
Live commentary on board
Modern, air-conditioned coach
Digital Translations available to Download
We recommend bringing:
· comfortable walking shoes
· waterproof jacket
· cold packed lunch (some food stops may be busy in the peak season and this will save more time for sightseeing)
· cash (ATM machines are limited in some areas)
...and don't forget your camera!
· Minimum age is 5 years
· Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
· Collapsible wheelchairs can be stored on board the coach
· Service animals allowed
· Near public transportation
· If booster seat is required, please request at the time of booking
· Confirmation will be received at time of booking
· You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity